Friday, June 21, 2013

Yummy! Steak!


So after my mom informed everybody she would like to do Steak on Father's Day, but didn't know how to cook it, I e-mailed her instructions on how to cook the steak. Then because I misunderstood what time dinner was, my family got there about 1/2 hour early.

Mom was stressing out because my sister was supposed to bring the spices to put on the meat, and her husband was going to cook it, and they hadn't arrived yet. She asked me to take over seasoning and grilling the steak. So I looked in her cupboard and grabbed random spices for seasoning and grilled it. It tasted really good, and was a hit with my family, so I thought I would share. :)

The steak was thawed and at room temperature, and we poked it with a small knife over and over to tenderize it. You can also use a fork, or a meat mallet and pound it to tenderize. Then I poured a generous amount of Worcestershire sauce over both sides of the steak. Then I sprinkled some sea salt, garlic and cinnamon on each side. I was very generous with the garlic and cinnamon.
With the grill at about 400 degrees I put the steak on for a few minutes, then rotated it about 45 degrees and waited another minute or two. Flip the steak, and repeat the rotation steps. This sears and seals in the flavor. Then turn down the heat and grill on one side for about 7 minutes, and the second side for 5-7 minutes depending on how rare you like your steak.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of eating a big slab of meat, but that was some delicious steak!

    ReplyDelete